Sunday, January 14, 2018

Birthing Chapter One

It's been so difficult to find time to write over the past few years. I'm nearly done with writing the first chapter of Zhenya's tale and it's really surprising to find that it has taken me so long. At this point, I'm just thankful that I've been able to write. I'm glad this novel isn't going to turn into one of those millions of unfinished stories out there, just lingering in the imaginations of their authors and readers.

I say 'birthing' in the title, but it really feels like I've wretched something up slowly–not unlike a tapeworm lodged in your stomach and extracted through your esophagus. Don't worry, the story isn't gross like a tapeworm. It's very sweet and loving.

4 comments:

  1. So happy you’re ok and writing! I know life happens! Love Percy and Vanya’s story! I read it all the time! Thank you for the great read! Can wait for the continuation of their legacy with the nephew’s story! Hopefully some snippets of Vanya and Percy and kids! Yay super excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, there will be plenty of Vanya and Percy. It'll be a big part of Zhenya's story. Thanks for your kind words, Dyan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear all is well and you're writing. Every so often I check your page on Amazon to see if you've released anything. Loved, loved, loved Percy and Vanya. Can't to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, M & J, that is so encouraging! Thank you for the kind words. Rest assured. I'm trying to get this thing finished. I have no idea when that will happen, but it's going to happen!

    ReplyDelete